About the Company
For 50 years, this client has built its reputation on providing must-have information for the world's most influential decision-makers in traditional and alternative asset management.
In additional to its renowned publications, they offer highly respected thought leadership products as well as proprietary benchmark rankings and ratings on buy-side and sell-side research, hedge fund activity, and asset and wealth management.
It has a proven history of anticipating the personalities and trends most likely to influence the global financial markets.
About the Role
We are looking for a motivated sales professional to add to a highly experienced and successful sales team.
The successful candidate must have established contacts within financial services, be a team player with strong selling skills and have a proven track record of success in prospecting, developing business relationships, and client service.
The Sales Leader will be responsible for:
• Understanding and selling the range of products: memberships and sponsored events & thought leadership to leading asset management firms and service providers within a particular territory in the United States
• Maintaining and cultivating relationships with C-level executives, heads of distribution (sales) and marketing departments at major asset management firms
• Renewing and growing existing business and prospecting for new clients
• Sell memberships and sponsorships, increasing business from existing clients and prospecting new accounts in the allocated territory in the United States
• Understand client’s and prospect’s challenges and strengths so you can propose custom integrated programs to them.
• Research the market to expand the universe of potential clients for all platforms.
• Actively schedule face-to-face appointments and prospecting calls
• Generate revenue by consistently meeting and exceeding annual goals
• Extensive travel throughout the United States required based on territory and events schedules
• Be able to effectively communicate at both C-Suite and distribution/marketing level
• Strong verbal/written communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
• Collaboration and working with internal teams
5+ years of experience in sales
Proven track record of exceeding personal sales targets in events sales
Relationships with asset management distribution and marketing executives
Feels comfortable calling on and being in social situations with senior level clients
Knowledge of the financial services industry, segments and the key players
Advanced experience using Salesforce as a CMS and for pipelines;
College degree required. (Marketing, Business, Economics and/or Finance major a plus)
Self-starter and team player
30%+ travel required